9 DAYS UGANDA GREAT ADVENTURE SAFARI
Tour/ Luxury Safaris/ 9 DAYS UGANDA GREAT ADVENTURE SAFARI
Experience some of Uganda’s best highlights and view its exceptional wildlife on this 9-day safari adventure
Day 1: Kampala Serena Hotel
- On arrival at Entebbe International Airport, we will welcome you and transfer you to the Kampala Serena Hotel for the night. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy, either relaxing at the guesthouse or exploring this vibrant East African city.
Day 2-3: Kibale Forest National Park
- Check out from your Kampala Hotel after breakfast and travel through the central part of the country, passing the rural towns of Mityana, Mubende and Kwenjojo on the way. Arrive at the town of Fort Portal, situated at the base of the sweeping Ruwenzori Mountains. After lunch, continue along the rolling hillside past scenic Crater Lakes to the Kibale Forest Camp in the Kibale Forest National Park. Early the next morning, embark with Kibale’s researchers into these tropical forests to track the local chimpanzee population. You’ll get to see the chimps in their natural environment, and marvel at how similar they are to humans.
Day 4-5: Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Check out from the Lodge after breakfast and drive south through rich farmland, travelling on the slopes of the Ruwenzori Mountains – one of Africa’s largest mountain ranges. Cross the equator before reaching the renowned Queen Elizabeth National Park. After enjoying lunch at the Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge, set off on a game drive in Uganda’s prime game viewing region and be on the lookout for elephant and buffalo. As these are the breeding grounds of the Uganda kob, you’ll be sure to see them grazing in the grass. Continue your game viewing in the park the following day as you explore the network of tracks in search of the animals you haven’t yet seen. In the evening, embark on a cruise of the Kazinga Channel, home to the largest concentration of hippo.
Day 6-7: Bwindi Forest National Park
- Head south through the national park to the Ishasha Plains and enjoy a short game drive to spot the plains’ well known tree-climbing lions. After seeing these brilliantly adapted creatures you’ll exit the park and travel through the rolling hills of central Africa as you make your way to the Engagi Lodge in the great Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. An early morning will see you off on a chance-of-a-lifetime experience of tracking the mountain gorillas of Uganda. A professional guide will lead you along, searching for these gentle giants, but be prepared for a long trek as they aren’t always easy to find. The trek will prove well worth it when you see these marvellous creatures in their natural habitat.
Day 8: Lake Mburo National Park
- Heading out this morning with a packed lunch, make your way to the Lake Mburo National Park via the town of Mbarara – the largest urban centre in western Uganda. Continue to the park and look out for the herds of Ankole cattle on the way to the entrance. After checking in at your lodge, you can enjoy a relaxed boat trip on the lake to admire the abundant bird life of the region.
Day 9: Depart
- Start your last morning with a guided bush walk to a nearby natural salt lick, frequented by the local wildlife. After the walk you will drive back to Entebbe International Airport where your tour will come to an end.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Entrance Fees for National Parks as specified in the itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Bush/game walk in Lake Mburo National Park
- 1 night at Kampala Serena Hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night at Kibale Forest Camp on full board basis
- 2 nights at Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge on full board basis
- 2 nights at Engagi Lodge on full board basis
- 1 night at Lake Mburo Mnatana Camp on full board basis
- Private 4WD vehicle, with experienced Naturalist, Driver-Guide
- Gorilla permit, per person, for Bwindi Forest
- Chimp tracking permit, per person, for Kibale Forest
- Gorilla tracking in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Chimpanzee Tracking Kibale Forest National Park
Excluded in this Tour:
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature