8 DAYS UGANDA CHIMPS AND GORILLAS SAFARI
Tour/ Luxury Safaris/ Uganda Luxury Safaris/ 8 DAYS UGANDA CHIMPS AND GORILLAS SAFARI
Spend eight days exploring the beautiful wilderness of Uganda, taking the opportunity to track chimpanzees in the Kibale Forest and trekking the endangered mountain gorilla in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Day 1: Kampala Serena Hotel
- On arrival at Entebbe International Airport, we will welcome you and transfer you to the Kampala Serena Hotel for the night. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy, either relaxing at the hotel or exploring this vibrant East African city.
Day 2: Kibale Forest National Park
- Today after breakfast you will drive west to the town of Fort Portal in the foothills of the Ruwenzori Mountains. Pass through the rural villages of Mityana, Mubende, or Kwenjojo and grab a glimpse of local Ugandan life. After lunch in Fort Portal, continue on your journey to the Kibale Forest National Park, passing through some stunning scenery before stopping for the night at the Kibale Forest Camp.
Day 3-4: Queen Elizabeth National Park
- After breakfast, you’ll head out with a local guide to track a community of chimpanzees that live in the Kibale Forest. The chimps have lived in the forest since 1991, and there’s a 90% chance of spotting them. Following lunch at the camp, After Lunch drive through the Crater Lakes area, crossing the Equator travelling south to the Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge in the famous Queen Elizabeth National park. Keep your eyes open as you may be able to spot elephants and buffalo in the distance. The next day, explore the renowned Queen Elizabeth National Park for elephant, buffalo and lion; all of which roam the Kazinga and Kasenyi areas of the park. Take a game drive around the park and visit the breeding grounds of the Ugandan kob.
Day 5-6: Bwindi Forest National Park
- This morning, travel to the Ishasha Plains in the southern part of the park where you’ll search the woodlands for the tree-climbing lions that the region is known for. After the drive, you’ll leave the savannah plains behind and drive to Engagi Lodge near the town of Buhoma and the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The next day you’ll head out early to track the mountain gorillas of Uganda in the dense foliage. Guided by a professional tracking team, you will hike through this lush forest in search of the gentle giants of Bwindi. Return to Engagi Lodge in the evening where you can reminisce about the day’s encounter.
Day 7: Lake Mburo National Park
- Depart the stunning Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to the northwest as you start your way back towards Entebbe. Enjoy a long scenic drive through the country and stop off for the night at the Mantana Tented Camp in the spectacular Lake Mburo National Park for the night. Embark on an afternoon boat cruise along the shoreline as you search for wildlife. The lake is home to an abundant variety of birdlife and the park is the only place in Uganda to see impala and zebra.
Day 8: Depart
- Enjoy breakfast before heading out on one last game drive or game walk to the nearby salt lick – a place frequented by wildlife. Return to the camp to pack up and start your journey to Entebbe. Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to the Entebbe International Airport where your tour officially ends.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Entrance Fees for National Parks as specified in the itinerary
- Flying Doctors evacuation
- Airport transfers
- Bush/game walk in Lake Mburo National Park
- 1 night at Airport Guesthouse Entebbe on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 nights at Kibale Forest Camp on full board basis
- 2 nights at Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge on full board basis
- 2 nights at Engagi Lodge on full board basis
- 1 night at Lake Mburo Mnatana Camp on full board basis
- Private 4WD vehicle with experienced naturalist Driver-Guide
- 1 Gorilla permit, per person, for Bwindi Forest
- 1 Chimp habituation permit
- Chimpanzee Habituation in Kibale Forest National Park
- Boat cruise in Lake Mburo National Park
- Game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Gorilla tracking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Excluded in this Tour:
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature