6 DAYS MOUNT KENYA SIRIMON NAROMORU ROUTE
Tour/ Mountain Climbing/ 6 DAYS MOUNT KENYA SIRIMON NAROMORU ROUTE
The Sirimon route is the relatively used by mount kenya climbers of the three main routes, and it features the most gradual ascent profile and best for acclimatisation options. The route passes through very impressive Yellowwood forests in the lower reaches and features abundant wildlife and beautiful alpine scenery higher up. The Austrian Hut and Point Lenana are reached from the head of Mackinder’s Valley via Simba Col.
Day 1: Nairobi, Sirimon, Judmaier Camp
- Leave Nairobi at 8 am to Nanyuki town for lunch, taking about 4 hours. Proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs. About 3½ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmaier Camp, 3300m for dinner and overnight, L, D.
Day 2: Old Moses, Liki North Camp
- After climbing through the rain forest to 3993m. We will spend the night at Liki Camp north,B,L,D.
Day 3: Liki North Camp – Shiptons Camp
- The trail proceeds to Shipton’s camp where we will rest in order to acclimatise overnight,B,L,D.
Day 4: Shiptons Camp – Mackinders Camp
- From Shipton’s camp the trail leads to kami hut below the north face of Batian. Continuing west – southwest the trails climbs up switchbacks in the fine snow before reaching Hausberg col at 4590m. We will descend into the upper Hausberg valley and rest at the aptly named oblong and Hausberg tarns. Ascending to the crest of a ridge known as Arthur’s seat we see the trail winding along a beautiful series of rock ledges. We will descend to shipton’s camp for the night,B,L,D.
Day 5: Mackinders Camp – Point Lenana
- An early 2.00 am start for an attempt to reach point Lenana before descending to Mackinder’s camp for breakfast then on to Met Station for dinner and overnight, B,L,D.
Day 6: Met Station, Naromoru, Nairobi
- Descend to park gate and transfer to Nairobi,B,L.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Return transport from Nairobi to the Mountain
- Use of our professional Mountain Guide/potters
- Accommodation in Mountain Huts/tents where applicable
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and Taxes
Excluded in this Tour:
- All your climbing gears
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, potter and cook.
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.