5 DAYS NYUNGWE FOREST CHIMPS EXPERIENCE
Tour/ Wildlife Safaris/ 5 DAYS NYUNGWE FOREST CHIMPS EXPERIENCE
Rwanda is not just only famous for the mountain gorilla but also the threatened Chimpanzee populations that are mostly concentrated at Nyungwe Forest National Park. This trip takes you to the heart of nyungwe Forest where you will interact with these great and interesting primates.
Day 1: Arrival / Kigali
- Arrive at Kigali International Airport and you will be met by our safari guide before being transferred to Kigali City. Have an optional city tour in Kigali including a visit to the genocide museum, the art and craft centre, local markets. Later, hotel check-in. Dinner and overnight at Chez Lando Hotel/Kigali Serena Hotel/Mille Collines Hotel
Day 2: Nyungwe Forest National Park
- After breakfast, proceed to Nyungwe Forest National Park. Along the way, make stops at places of interest including local markets, the traditional palace of Rwanda’s Former King in Nyanza. In Butare, visit the Botanical Gardens and a cultural museum. Drive past green fields of tea scattered across the hillsides. Dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge/Peace Guest House/Gisakura Guest House.
Day 3: Guided Nature Walks
- Have an early breakfast and later carry out the guided nature walk in the forest to see a variety of animals and bird species such as Rwenzori turaco and black and white casqued hornbill. Go for an accompanied walk in search of large groups of colobus monkeys. You will have a picnic lunch and later in the afternoon return to the lodge for a relaxation. Dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge/Peace Guest House/Gisakura Guest House.
Day 4: Chimpanzee Tracking
- Early start tracking for the chimpanzees, this can take anything from a few hours to a full day depending on where the chimpanzees are. It should be mentioned that it is not guaranteed to see the chimps as they are unpredictable and can move long distances in one day. There are several other primates in Nyungwe such as the Rwenzori colobus, L’Hoest’s monkey, Silver monkey, Owl faced monkey and the Grey cheeked Mangabey. After the trek, return to the lodge for lunch and relaxation. Dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge/Peace Guest House/Gisakura Guest House.
Day 5: Departure
- Have breakfast at the lodge and later drive back to Kigali to be dropped off at your preferred hotel or transferred to the airport in time for departure flight.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated on each itinerary
- Ground transportation with an English speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- Game drives or sightseeing depending on the itinerary – where indicated
- Park or reserve entry fees – where applicable
Excluded in this Tour:
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.