6 DAYS MIGRATION TRAIL SAFARI
Tour/ Luxury Safaris/ 6 DAYS MIGRATION TRAIL SAFARI
The main highlights of this safari is the Mara migration – The migration witnesses more than one million wildebeests, 200,000 Zebras and 300,000 Thompson gazelles across the seemingly never ending plains. They are relentless in their advance and many are injured, lost (especially calves) or killed with the height of the drama at the crossing of the crocodile infested Mara River.
Day 1: Southern Sun Mayfair
- Upon arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International airport, Our Safaris representatives will warmly meet you and welcome you to Kenya. .We then transfer to our hotel, located in a serene environment away from the busy central business district; offering peace of heart and mind, a nice place to relax and unwind before you begin your safari. Nairobi is Kenya’s principal economic, administrative, and cultural center and is one of the largest and fastest growing cities in Africa. Nairobi means ‘place of cool waters’ in the Masai language. Our representative will help you through check-in and make sure you settled in well. Overnight at Southern Sun Mayfair BB.
Day 2: The Ark – Aberdares National Park
- Today after breakfast check-out and proceed to Mount Kenya Region through the Agricultural and hilly regions of central Kenya to arrive at your base hotel in time for lunch at the Aberdares Country Club. After lunch you will be transferred by the lodge vehicles to your tree lodge located in the depths of Aberdares forest and spend your afternoon leisurely enjoying the scenery of the mountainous environment and watching the animals at the comfort of your balcony. Dinner and overnight at The Ark LDBB.
Day 3: Aberdares, Nakuru, Naivasha
- After breakfast you will be transferred to your base hotel where you will re-join with your safari driver and proceed to the Great Rift Valley to arrive in time for lunch at a lodge in Nakuru national park. This afternoon we embark on a game viewing drive. The 68km2 alkaline Lake Nakuru is home to hundreds of lesser and greater flamingoes. The environment here is welcoming, one of the best places to relax, to unwind, to enjoy nature’s beauty. The scenery is breath-taking; a sight of the virgin forest is re-assuring. Some of the interesting places to visit include the baboon cliff, the lion hill and the Mau escarpment. The park is one of the best game viewing parks with various animal species including prides of lion, Cape buffalo, waterbucks, wart hogs, the endangered Rothschild giraffes, the black & white Rhino, the Burchell’s zebra, impalas, and the elusive leopard among many others. Over 300 bird species have been recorded here too. This is one of the best places to see the endangered black and white Rhino. Later in the evening we drive to Lake Naivasha region for overnight. Dinner and overnight at Lake Naivasha Country Club LDBB
Day 4: Naivasha, Masai Mara
- A hearty early morning breakfast then drive to the Masai Mara National Reserve, offering wonderful scenery and plenty of game. We arrive at our lodge to a very warm welcome for lunch, some leisure. This afternoon is the moment we have been longing for – we depart on an exciting game viewing drive. The Rolling plains and grasslands, stretching far into the horizons as far as the eye can see is home to the black-manned lion, the savannah elephant, the Cape buffalo, wildebeests, the elusive leopard, cheetah, the spotted & stripped hyena, the rhino, topi, burchelle’s zebra, the Maasai giraffe among many others. The Mara game reserve is one that can never disappoint. One is spoilt by the variety of bird and wildlife species in this game reserve….. For a long time, Mara Game Reserve has stubbed her authority as the ‘granary’ of wildlife in Kenya. Dinner and overnight at Keekorok Lodge LDBB.
Day 5: Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Sumptuous breakfasts then we depart for a full day adventure with morning and afternoon game drives.The Masai still live as they did for centuries -interact with these nomadic people and experience their way of life as you learn about their customs and traditions.We are right in time for the greatest spectacle on earth; the eighth wonder of the world, the wildebeest migration. From July to October, the fields are awash with thousands of wildebeests that yearly migrate from the Serengeti National park in Tanzania to Masai Mara in search of pasture. They cross the Nile crocodile invested Mara River. Tens of them drawn in the raging waters, others are captured and killed by the giant crocodiles. The wildebeests are closely followed by Burchell’s zebras and impalas. Predators too in their hundreds also follow and lay in wait for those animals that become weak or incapacitated during the long journey for a kill. Be on the look-out for the big five that Maasai Mara is famous for. These include the lion, savannah (African) elephant, the Cape buffalo, the leopard and the black rhino. In the early 20th century, Kenya was a famous hunting destination. Killing any of the big five game one pride, a sense of class, a feeling of heroism. We may even be so lucky to witness a leopard or a cheetah sprint and make a kill! We return back to the lodge before dusk. OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Balloon Safari over the Mara plains followed by a champagne breakfast. All meals and overnight at Keekorok Lodge LDBB.
Day 6: Masai Mara, Nairobi, Depart
- An early morning game drive is followed by breakfast at you lodge. After breakfast check-out and bid goodbye to your lodge manager for hosting; not empty handed though. With us are photographs – a capture of the special moments we have had on this tour to immortalize the experience.Drive to Nairobi to arrive in time for lunch at the carnivore restaurant. After lunch you will be transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International airport in time for you onward international flight.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- 1 Night accommodation at The Southern Sun Mayfair
- 1 Night accommodation at The Ark
- 1 Night accommodation at Lake Naivasha Country Club
- 2 Nights accommodation at Keekorok Lodge
- All game drives as per itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Services of a qualified English Speaking Driver Guide
- Shared game drives in Mara with 1x 7 Seater 4 x 4 vehicles
- 1 Litre bottle of mineral water per person per day while on a road.
Excluded in this Tour:
- All your climbing gears
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, potter and cook.
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.