5 DAYS KIDEPO VALLEY EXPERIENCE
Tour/ Wildlife Safaris/ 5 DAYS KIDEPO VALLEY EXPERIENCE
Kidepo is home to about 475 bird species and 80 species of mammals which live in the Semi-desert scrub, open thorn-scrub, open thorn-bush, long and short-grass open tree savannas, riparian woodland, and montane forest.
Day 1: Kampala / Gulu Town
- Today you will have breakfast the Tour drive will pick you from the hotel and then set off for Gulu. The driving time is 4 hours and 30 minutes approximately 339 Kms via Masindi. You will have lunch on arrival. Dinner and overnight in Gulu town.
Day 2: Gulu / Kidepo National Park
- After breakfast at around 7:00am you will drive to Kidepo valley National park. Depart Gulu at 7.00am after and early breakfast, and drive via Kitgum. The drive will take approximately 3-4 hours. On arrival, you will have lunch and relax the rest of the afternoon. Dinner and overnight in UWA bandas or Apoka lodge.
Day 3: Kidepo Game Viewing
- Breakfast and then go for a very early morning game drive to catch up with the early risers such as lions, and leopards. Other animals to be spotted include Bat-eared Fox, Stripped Hyena, Cheetah, Caracal Lesser, Greater Kudu, Roan Antelope, Besia Oryx, Eland, Defassa Waterbuck, Oribi, Bohor Reedbuck, and Jacksons Hartebeest, Rothchilds Giraffe and Burchell’s Zebra, Lions, white Buffalo and Elephants which can be seen in Narus Valley. You will return to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon visit the local communities and do activities with them like milking of the cows and be participating in their traditional dances. Dinner and overnight as above.
Day 4: Kidepo / Gulu Town
- Breakfast and drive back to Gulu Town which is about 3-4 hours. You will have lunch upon arrival. In the afternoon you will go for a city tour in Gulu town. Visit the market, local hospital, IDP campsites and in the evening you will go for a cultural performance by the native Acholi people. Dinner and overnight in Gulu town.
Day 5: Gulu / Kampala
- After breakfast you will drive back to Kampala. This is about 4 hours and 30 minutes. You will have lunch on arrival in Kampala town. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Visit to Kidepo Valley Experience
- English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- Ground transport in private 4WD safari vehicles
- Visit to Gulu Town & Kampala
- Accommodation at Apoka Lodge on full board basis
- Boat cruise on the Nile
Excluded in this Tour:
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.