5 DAYS BWINDI GORILLAS AND KIBALE CHIMPS SAFARI
Tour/ Wildlife Safaris/ 5 DAYS BWINDI GORILLAS AND KIBALE CHIMPS SAFARI
The 5 days Uganda Gorilla Trek and Chimpanzee Trekking safari will start and ends in Kampala.You will first tour in Kibale because that it is one of Uganda’s enchanting forested parks having 766 km2 with the highest density of wild chimpanzees that enable chimpanzee tracking activity to occur. There are local community tours, Guided nature walks around the park plus birding at the Bigodi Birding Sanctuary.From Kibale, you will be taken to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in the West of Uganda where trekking the harmed mountain gorillas will occur. The Terrain is very muddy, hilly and can involve scrambling through dense vegetation in search of magnificent mountain gorillas thus an amazing wildlife experience.
Day 1: Kampala to Kibale Forest National Park
- Soon after the safari briefing, you will head to Fortportal through Mubende from Kampala, passing all the way through grassy countryside and long-established homesteads and farms. You will reach within 5-6 hours time and you will stop over in Fort portal town for lunch before driving to Ndali lodge or Primates Lodge where you will creeb on a full board basis prior to the following day’s chimpanzee tracking.
Day 2: Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking
- you will be taken to Kanyanchu headquarters for a briefing after breakfast before you proceed for our chimpanzee tracking and other primates like Red-tailed, Grey-cheeked Mangabey Red-Colobus and phoestes, You will walk through the forest with an experienced guide who will be enlightening you about both animals and plants. Tracking the noisy chimpanzee families racing through this luxuriant forest is a wonderful experience. You have lunch at Tinka’s place where Traditional dishes are prepared for tourists to feel the taste of Uganda culture.You will have a Bigodi Swamp walk in a bid to view the birds and monkeys that inhabit the swamp after lunch. Dinner and overnight at Ndali lodge or Primates Lodge (FB).
Day 3: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- After having an early morning breakfast, you will head to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest through Ishasha, southern sector of Queen Elizabeth. You will later have lunch while watching the popular Ishasha tree-climbing lions before heading to Bwindi the home for mountain gorillas. Life of the mammal in the park is outstanding and the terrain very muddy and hilly which needs scrambling through dense vegetation in search of magnificent mountain gorillas thus an amazing wildlife experience. There is a diversity of birdlife and flora. Overnight at Gorilla Resort or Buhoma Community Bandas (FB)
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- After morning breakfast, you will proceed for gorilla trekking the major tourist activity in the park with packed lunch alongside an experienced guide. The trek may seem to be tiresome but enjoyable. Your encounter with the great primates gives a good description of trekking. You will realize the forest sound as you see various forest Flora and fauna. Overnight at Gorilla Resort or Buhoma Community Bandas (Full Board).
Day 5: Departure
- You will take early morning breakfast as you prepare to head back to Kampala.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Visit to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- Ground transport in private 4WD safari vehicles
- Game drives on the northern bank of the Nile
- Visit Budongo Forest for a pleasant walk in the tropical rainforest
- 3 nights at Nile Safari Camp on full board basis
- Boat cruise on the Nile
Excluded in this Tour:
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.