6 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CHOGORIA TREK
Tour/ Mountain Climbing/ 6 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CHOGORIA TREK
Climbing from the Chogoria route is said to be the most scenic and interesting of the three main routes on the mountain. The route passes the enchanting Hall Tarns and looks down sheer cliffs into the spectacular Gorges Valley and onto the beautiful Lake Michaelson. The Austrian Hut is reached via Tooth Col at the head of the valley.
Day 1: Nairobi – Chogoria
- Pick up from your Nairobi Hotel at 8am and drive north to Chogoria town for lunch and afternoon leisure walk in the town to acclimatize. Dinner and overnight at Chogoria Transit Motel, 2000m, L,D.
Day 2: Chogoria – Mount Meru Bandas
- After breakfast, take a 4x4WD vehicle to the forest clearance, 16km from where the walk starts. You will walk for 16km through the forest along the dirt and sometimes very muddy road for 4hrs to reach Mount Meru Bandas at 2950m for lunch and afternoon walks. Dinner and overnight at Mt. Meru Bandas, B,L,D
Day 3: Mount Meru Bandas – Road Head Camp
- After breakfast follow the track through giant heather and forest up to Chogoria road head from where the path drops to cross a stream then follows the broad ridge to the east of the gorges valley to reach Road Head Camp taking approximately 3-4hrs. Overnight at Road Head Camp at 3300m.
Day 4: Road Head Camp – Mintos Hut
- After breakfast follow the track through giant heather and forest up to Chogoria road head from where the path drops to cross a stream then follows the broad ridge to the east of the gorges valley to reach Mintos Hut, 4200m. Dinner and overnight at Mintos Hut, B, L, D
Day 5: Mintos Hut, Point Lenana, Met Station
- Leave shortly after midnight at 2am towards the main peaks and divide after an hour, above a flat green area at the head of the valley known as temple fields, arriving at point Lenana at 6:30am. After taking photographs, descend to Mackinders for breakfast and continue down to Met Station at 3000m for dinner and overnight rest, B,L,D
Day 6: Met Station, Naromoru, Nairobi
- After breakfast, descend through the rainforest which is 9km to Naromoru Park Gate at 2,600m where you will connect with your transport back to Nairobi, arriving at approximately 3pm, B,L.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Return transport from Nairobi to the Mountain
- Use of our professional Mountain Guide/potters
- Accommodation in Mountain Huts/tents where applicable
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and Taxes
Excluded in this Tour:
- All your climbing gears
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, potter and cook.
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.