6 DAYS UGANDA GORILLAS AND CHIMPS
Tour/ Wildlife Safaris/ 6 DAYS UGANDA GORILLAS AND CHIMPS
This Uganda Tour starts and finishes in Kampala. The tour takes you to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Southwestern part of Uganda for a mountain gorilla trek and Kibale Forest National Park. Bwindi is a beautiful verdant swathe of forest across the steep ridges of the Albertine Rift Valley, having 331 sq km and the main tourist activity in the forest is gorilla trekking. After the trek, you will head to Kibale Forest National Park located in Kabarole district of Western Uganda for Chimpanzee tracking
Day 1: Arrival / Entebbe
- when you arrive, you will be picked up from the Airport and you will meet our great Safari Guide.You will be transfered to the hotel for overnight in Entebbe. Dinner and overnight at Windsor, Lake Victoria Entebbe
Day 2: Entebbe / Bwindi Forest
- After breakfast you will go for a game drive where you will spot animals like Zebras, duikers, Impala, Bohor reedbuck, Buffaloes, eland antelope, topi, Klipspringer, the Vervet monkey, olive baboon, leopard, Hyenas, jackals, agile Rock Hyrax, waterbucks, warthogs, bushbucks, and oribi. Birds like the White-winged Warblers, Black-billed Barbet, Crested Francolin and great snipe may also be spotted during the game drive and some during the boat ride. In the afternoon you will go for a boat ride on Lake Mburo you may spot the rare shoebill and other bird species, you may also see animals like the hippos and the crocodiles in the water. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 3: Gorilla Trekking
- You will enter the sanctuary at dawn and have pleasure at the home of the mountain gorillas and beauty freshness of the forest, home of the mountain gorillas. After a crumb briefing by the experienced guides, you will proceed through dense bush to trek for these harmed animals called the great Apes (Gorillas). Other primates also live in the forest including the red tail monkey, chimpanzee and black-and-white colobus monkey. Return for accommodation or have an optional community walk.for relaxation or have Dinner and overnight at Gorilla Resort or Buhoma Community Bandas (FB).
Day 4: Kibale Forest National Park
- You will depart from Bwindi forest to Kibale National Park and have Lunch enroute. When you arrive, you will have a Bigodi Swamp walk in bid to watch the birds and monkeys that live in the swamp. You will be transferred to Primates Lodge or Ndali lodge on a full board basis to have an overnight.
Day 5: Kibale Chimpanzee Tracking
- After an early morning breakfast, you will be taken to Kanyanchu headquarters for briefing before you head for our chimpanzee tracking. You will pay a visit to the forest to track chimpanzees. The forest also inhabits 12 other primates which you will view when given enough time like gray-cheeked mangabeys, baboons and vervet monkeys. Dinner and overnight at Ndali Lodge or Primate Lodge (FB).
Day 6: Departure
- Return back to Entebbe to find your departure flight.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated on each itinerary
- Ground transportation with an English speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- Game drives or sightseeing depending on the itinerary – where indicated
- Park or reserve entry fees – where applicable
Excluded in this Tour:
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.