7 DAYS MOUNT KILIMANJARO - LEMOSHO ROUTE
Tour/ Mountain Climbing/ 7 DAYS MOUNT KILIMANJARO - LEMOSHO ROUTE
Lemosho is similar to the Shira route, approaching Kili from the west, but has an extra two days of trekking through the rainforest before reaching Shira 2 camp. This aids acclimatisation and gives Lemosho one of the highest success rates. Considered by many as the ultimate Kili route, Lemosho combines low traffic (before joining the Machame route) with stunning and varied scenery, including the rainforest, traversing the Shira Plateau and seeing the spectacular sights of the southern circuit.
Day 1: Londorossi Gate – Forest Camp
- After breakfast, your guide will meet you at your hotel in Arusha. The morning begins with a drive to Londorossi Gate (6900 ft), where we complete park entry forms and then drive to the trailhead. Your journey heads from Lemosho Glades (7838 ft) through winding forest trails to Forest Camp, sometimes called MTI Mkubwa-Big Tree Camp (9137 ft)
Day 2: Forest Camp – Shira One
- We continue from Forest Camp (9137 ft) through the forest and then into a savannah of tall grasses and lush rolling hills, reaching Shira Ridge. You will see some great views of Mt. Meru before dropping gently down into Shira One Campsite (11496 ft). Here you will get your first view of Kibo from across the plateau.
Day 3: Shira One – Shira Two
- The journey continues from the Shira One Campsite (12595 ft), with a fairly easy walk east across the Shira Plateau, a short climb up to Shira Cathedral (more nice views!), and finally to Shira Two/Shira Huts (12779 ft).
Day 4: Shira Two – Barranco Huts
- Today we trek from Shira Two/Shira Huts (12779 ft) toward Lava Tower (15180 ft), with a nice descent down to Barranco Huts (13077 ft) to rest and camp for the night. While it is a long day, the ascent in the morning is very gradual and there are some amazing views as you look down over the clouds.
Day 5: Barranco Huts – Barafu Huts
- After breakfast we leave Barranco Huts (13077 ft) and continue up Barranco Wall and head to the Karanga Valley (13235 ft) campsite. We continue up to Barafu Huts (15295 ft), where we make camp and prepare for the summit day.
Day 6: Barafu Huts – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Huts
- We wake up very early in the morning (midnight to 2am) and continue from Barafu Huts (15295ft) with our headlamps on and stars overhead toward the summit via Stella Point. At Stella Point you will see a fantastic sunrise! It is a further one hour to the summit, where you reach Uhuru Peak (19341ft) – the highest point on Africa. We’ll continue our trek down to Barafu for lunch and then to Mweka Huts (10190ft) to make camp, enjoy a well-deserved dinner and sleep.
Day 7: Mweka Huts – Mweka Gate
- After breakfast, we continue down from Mweka Huts (10190 ft) to the Mweka Gate (5358 ft) to sign the log books and receive your summit certificates. You will then be picked up and driven back to your hotel in Arusha.
TOUR INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Included in this Tour:
- Return transport from Nairobi to the Mountain
- Use of our professional Mountain Guide/potters
- Accommodation in Mountain Huts/tents where applicable
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and Taxes
Excluded in this Tour:
- All your climbing gears
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, potter and cook.
Booking Terms And Conditions
ELIDA TOURS & SAFARIS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS & SAFARIS
The Booking Terms:
A minimum of 40 % of the total cost of the tour has to be paid at the time of booking confirmation and the balance is payable at/or before the start of the safari.
Any tour and safari deposit paid shall be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels and administrative costs as follow.
No. of days Percentage forfeited of tour price.
More than 40 days full refund less 5% of the administration fee
14-40 days 20% of tour price
6-14 days 30% of the tour price
Less than 5 days and now show No refunds.
Please note that refunds will be done within 30 days after cancellation of the tour/safari.
Modification of tour
If you choose to modify the arrangements after the commencement of the tour i.e. change accommodation or the duration of your stay, the company shall accept no liability for any loss or additional expense and no refunds will be made.
Tour prices include:
– All expenses for drivers and vehicles appropriate for the itinerary as set out. i.e. for transfers, game drives, drivers allowances unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
– Government hotel taxes, training levy and service charges, all park entry fees except where specifically indicated separately.
Tour price exclude:
– Personal insurance,
– Airport taxes, landing fees for charters and visas,
– Gratuities to drivers and porters (other than hotel service charge),
– Beverages (unless otherwise indicated),
– Laundry, other personal expenses of tour members (i.e. telephone calls etc),
– Any other tour services requested that do not appear in the itinerary.
Safari booking and accommodation.
– Our safari package are based on two persons sharing in a twin room tent.
– Single rooms are provided at an additional cost (single room supplement – (SRS).
– Hotels/lodges/tented camps are named as an indication of the category of accommodation and if the need arises may be reserved at same standard of hotel/lodges/tented camps. In the event that this happens we undertake to notify you of any changes to your safari accommodation in advance.
i. The Company is insured against legal liability arising from injuries that might be received by passengers while inside vehicles.
ii. The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all the matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport whether by aircraft, rail, motor vehicle, boat or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the Company.
iii. The Company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For instance, the Company will not be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
iv. The Company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the respective country in which services are provided and no other country, and all the claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which the services were provided.
v. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of such right the terms to the clause iii relating to the company’s liability shall apply
vi. Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to effect separate baggage insurance.
vii. In the event that a claim is made against the travel agent or the tour operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contracts, negligence or other fault of the company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the tour operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services were provided if the Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction in the said courts.
viii. In respect of any such claim mentioned in sub clause (ix) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
ix. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Passports and Visas
The client is required to ensure that their passport and travel documentation is in order and that they have obtained the necessary visas for their journey.
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that the traveler is adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client.